Subscribe Twitter FaceBook

Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthdays and Reunions

Missed a couple of days there...sorry...

As you know, I just celebrated my birthday, and this blog started on my daughter's birthday, which, in a lovely coincidence, is also Judi's daughter's birthday. Last Tuesday would have been my dad's 103rd birthday, and Judi's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. Her birthday is followed closely by her son's birthday in early September, and then we have the long wait until next year's round of birthdays come up again.
.
At the end of the month, we're going to attend my 45th (gasp!) HS reunion. It should be interesting, because I haven't been to the last couple, so it has been at least 10, if not 15 years. My traditional "reunion buddy" -- Mark Wille -- won't be there this time, so it will be even more different. I'm looking forward to it, though, because there will be +/- 160 people there, so it will be a decent turnout. Bound to be a few people I know. Of course Stockton in August is no walk in the park, but at least it is a dry heat. :)

One of the reasons I'm going to the reunion this time is to (hopefully) find people that I want to invite to the 64 party. I know people change, but it's the childhood folks that will be the most interesting for everybody else to meet, assuming some of them come. Life was so much more innocent in those days...sigh...without, as Bob Seger says: "deadlines and commitments...what to leave in...what to leave out..."

No comments:

Post a Comment