Subscribe Twitter FaceBook

Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To Black Tie or Not to Black Tie...

I know that's a question at least one of you are asking, and it deserves answering. I just think that people (especially the people I know) don't have many reasons to dress up any more. And I also know from experience that a dressed up crowd produces an entirely different vibe from one that is "beach casual" for instance.

So the next question might be, "but what can I do? I don't have a black tie outfit." Well...you could use this opportunity to by that once in a lifetime elegant dress up, or you could do what these people did (which, by the way, was the advice I got when I bought my first "formalwear"...a white dinner jacket to use when I played with a particular band back in the 50s...): hit your thrift store, and don't worry about whether or not it is in style...

http://improveverywhere.com/2010/08/21/thank-you-black-tie-beach/

See? Problem solved...

Maybe we'll have a beach event too... let me think about that one...

2 comments:

  1. ok, let me see if I got this straight...first you said black tie....now it's black tie outfit? I am gonna have to ask your older cousin to have a little talk with you before you have us renting a limo or chartering a helicopter to land us on the beach Vern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be patient...we're working on that...

    ReplyDelete