Subscribe Twitter FaceBook

Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm just sitting here...

Today started off with a two hour phone call. I'm not a great phone person...that is, being on the phone is not my idea of fun...but this was pretty good news. I'm waiting to hear about a business opportunity that I've been working at for some time, and we're very close. There's been more conversations this afternoon, and I'm expecting one more later today so we'll see how it goes.

In spite of my mild phone-a-phobia, there are people who I am in regular contact with for whom the phone is the best way we communicate. Person-to-person conversations with these people can include long blank spaces...not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. I think it is interesting to "know" someone because you have a phone (or email, or facebook) relationship with them. In many ways it is the ultimate neutral medium. You don't know what they look like, you don't know their life other than when you are in conversation with them about something mutually interesting. It makes being a hermit easier than at any time in the past, and I recognize the advantages, having a bit of hermit in me...

In other news, I just spent some time on godaddy searching for short urls in order to mount our own urlshortener system for the website articles. It's a fascinating process, and one that provides subtle (almost subliminal) marketing at the same time.

Still waiting for the proof of the next mag issue. Life goes on and it is fun to be watchin' the wheels keep going 'round...

No comments:

Post a Comment